Similar to our ever evolving lives, the glass glazing too comes in various shades and designs! Therefore, glazing your glass in whatever shade you like has just become a reality! In our effort to empower you in taking well informed decisions, we have decided to let ourselves loose on glass glazing!
Hence, we have come forward with an article on glass glazing! We believe our effort will offer you a great level of assistance in selecting an ideal glass glazing for you!
Let us first look at the various types of glass glazing.
1) Stained Glass – The most advantageous aspect of this type of glazing is that, it can be applied to almost all types of roof windows. With its originality on the full flow, the roof windows with unique stained glass designs, offer a distinctly unique character to the roof. The roof, therefore, adds a distinctive character to your room.
2) Tinted Glazing – Tinted glazing is advantageous since it effectively prevents the sunlight from coming in. Tinted glazing comes in prospective four colours, green, blue, grey and brown.
This type of glazing is usually toughened, and gets implemented on the outer wall of the window. While, on the inside of the window, the glass receives a coating consisting of low emission products.
3) Obscure window – In this glass, you will have an embossed pattern on one end, and a smooth one on the other. While the smooth end will be on the inner side, the embossed pattern will be on the outer. Inside of the obscure window products is consisted of low emissivity components.
Obscure window products are typically utilised in the outer walls of the double-glazing windows.
4) Reflective Glass – These products are used for efficiently protecting sunlight. While it is used for that specific purpose, it may look almost like a mirror from outside.
The glass is available in four colours, such as grey, brown, blue and green.
This product too is a toughened product, and oftentimes used as the outer wall of the double glazed products. The inside of the reflective glass products consists of low emissivity glasses.
5) Self-cleaning Glass – These products could be a surprise element for you, as these are specifically aimed at preventing dirt in your window.
These windows come with an active coating, which offer two-way advantages in preventing the deposition of dirt in your window. In its first advantage, these windows absorb a significant amount of ultraviolet ray from sunlight. As a result, the dirt does not get the scope of being deposited on the surface of the window. Secondly, this coating helps the raindrops flowing away smoothly on the surface of the glass, and hence, disallowing dirt getting deposited in droplets. Thus, the rain water leaves the glass without leaving any stain on it.
These products are double-glazed windows, which come with an inside pane consisting of a low-emissivity coating.
6) Laminated Glass products, P1 – These products consist of two-layered sheets having a depth of 03MM, each. Between these two sheets, the PVB plastic membrane forms a layer of a depth of 00.38MM.
Laminated glass is such a product, which is placed between the double glazed windows. These products come with a typically lower amount of emission coating.
These glass products drastically reduces the penetration of ultraviolet ray by almost 95%. In its further advantage, if broken, these glass products remain in the membrane.
7) Energy Efficient Glazing – These products are actually triple-glazed windows. These glazing products come with a toughened outer glass of around 04MM of thickness. Further, the product consists of two 04MM toughened panes on the glass’s inner face.
These products come with a noticeably low emission coating.
8) Sound proof Glazing – These products are essentially aimed to reduce the noise to a huge extent. Consisting of toughened glass and laminated glass from outside and inside, respectively, these glasses come with a soft layer of epoxy resin, a sound proofing layer. These glasses also come with a coating of low emission.
The cavity inside the glazing is filled with gas, which effectively reduces the noise penetration. In its advantages, the sound proof glazing comes with a hugely advantageous specification standing around 40db, as RW.
9) Security Glazing with class P4 – These glasses offer a strong resistance against the breakage of the glass. With the security glass remaining inside, two 04mm sheets of glass having a density of a 01.52 PVB remaining in two sides. These glasses come with a low emission coating, too. And, these glasses also offer toughened glasses on its outside pane.
In its noticeable advantages, these glasses offer
1) Significant reduction of possibility of any invasion from the roof,
2) Reduction of injury from broken parts of glass, in case of breakage of glass. In
such cases, the broken pieces of glass pieces will remain inside the membrane of
the security glass.
3) More importantly, these glass products offer a massive reduction of ultra-violet
reduction by almost 99%.
4) Then, these glasses come with an above the standard acoustic features.
We are sure that among the various types of glass glazing, as mentioned above, you will be definitely interested in one.
You dream it – We make it at Central Glass and Aluminium!
Contact us to find out how we can solve your needs!