Save money, and live in peace and quiet with SWiTCH double glazing
Does your blood pressure go up every time your energy bill arrives? Or do you live near a noisy road, under a flight path or next to a school? SWiTCH double glazing will turn down the noise _and_ your energy bills. You’ll enjoy peace and quiet again. And you’ll save money on power.
How does it work?
We called it SWiTCH double glazing because that’s exactly what we do: SWiTCH out your old single glass pane and replace it with a double-glazed panel. You don’t need to:
* Replace your existing windows and doors
* Make do by trying to convert single-pane windows into double glazing by adding secondary glazing or acrylic panels
What will SWiTCH double glazing do for you?
SWiTCH is a simple solution with substantial benefits. SWiTCH double glazing:
* Turns down your energy bills for heating and cooling your home because of the extra protection from a double layer of glass. (You’ll need the heater and air-conditioner on less often.)
* Cuts the noise coming into your home. (The gap between the glass panels is filled with sound-dampening Argon gas, so you’ll have a quieter home.)
* Doesn’t require you to make expensive changes to your windows and doors. (We just SWiTCH out your old glass and upgrade you to our energy-saving, quiet double glazing solution.)
* Doesn’t significantly affect the look of your home. (Keep the house you love looking the way you like. And no complaints from the neighbours)
Is SWiTCH double glazing right for you?
If your primary motivation for double glazing is noise reduction, you should first make sure the windows are the root of the problem. Cover your windows with blankets, doonas and pillows — anything that will dampen noise. If the room doesn’t get much quieter, the windows might not be your problem. If that’s the case, double glazing might not be your answer.
Windows and doors account for about 40 per cent of the heat transfer in our homes. Installing double glazing will make a huge difference, but you should keep an eye on where the other 60 per cent goes.
Things to consider with SWiTCH double glazing
SWiTCH double glazing is designed for people who want the lower power bills and the peace and quiet that double glazing provides — but without the cost and upheaval of replacing their existing window frames and doors. There are compromises involved in doing that:
* You might get an even greater energy saving if you were willing to replace your existing windows and doors. Because SWiTCH saves you trouble and expense by using the frame that’s already there, you might get a bit more heat transfer than if we did replace the frame. You can talk to us about this and we can weigh up the pros and cons with you.
* For obvious reasons, double glazing is heavier than single panes. This might call for more regular maintenance.
* We’ll upgrade your rollers when we install the SWiTCH double glazed units, but your rollers might still need more frequent replacement.
* Some compensation might be needed when putting double glazing into timber doors. We might need to put in an adaptor if the doors are not thick enough to be further recessed. There are plenty of good options for doing this that we will show you before you make a decision.
If you have any questions or concerns, talk to us when you make your enquiry. We will work with you to find exactly the right solution for you.